But it kind of feels like it.
Sweet Jenny from DIY with Jen and B has nominated me for the Liebster award. (Thank you!) What is this award?
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
This is what I have to do:
1. I’m a list girl. I cannot properly complete a task until I make a checkoff list.
2. I primarily eat Paleo, but sometimes cave to my weakness for pizza, ice cream, & Reece’s PB cups.
3. At 4 years of age, I was chased by a headless chicken. (Thanks Pawpaw!)
4. I quit my job as a registered nurse one month ago…by choice…blessed that I am able to take a break.
5. Has a soft spot for the elderly…something about their wisdom and the way they look at me with that “Bless you heart” look…ha!
6. Wants to visit beautiful Ireland.
7. I was raised a country girl…turned to a wannabe city girl…and now finally returning back to her roots.
8. I Crossfit.
9. I am happily the “man” of the house…I do all of the housework, home repairs, etc. (Thanks Mom!)
10. Would rather do my own nails than get a mani.
11. Used to hate hydrangeas, then used them in my wedding, now it’s my favorite flower.
Not sure why it was so hard to come up with that stuff!
Questions from my nominator:
1. What was your last dream about?
Oh lordy…in my last dream…I was rock climbing…with a chicken.
Haha! I think I dreamed that because we are about to get some chickens!
2. How do you normally start your day?
I wake up and let the kiddos out to potty…make breakfast…then plop my booty on the couch with some coffee and the laptop.
3. What is one thing you are really good at?
Sleeping. I can sleep anywhere at anytime. Actually…I can feel that changing as I get older…
Wow…these questions are making me sound super lazy!
4. What is one thing you are not so good at?
5. What’s one thing in life you wish you could change.
I’d change all of the hatred into love. How better would this world be then?
6. What does your dream house look life?
7. What’s the worst hairstyle you’ve ever had?
So…this is a bad pic…but clearly you can see that terrible bowl cut that my thick hair did not agree with!
8. What one item to you insist on splurging for?
My Aveda facial products…it has worked wonders for my long battle with acne!
9. What was your least favorite job and why?
Carpet mill. It was exhausting and I would wake up every morning with extremely swollen hands…plus, I was the only one who spoke English!
10. What advice would you give to new bloggers that you have learned from your experiences?
Be prepared to give up a lot of your time!!
11. What is your favorite blog post?
From my own blog…I guess I have to say the post that was everyone else’s favorite…
It was a bit difficult to find blogs with less than 200 followers and that have not yet received the award, but I managed to find nine. Some of these that I picked probably have more followers, but here they are:
1. Rosie at The Frugal Freshman Homemaker
3. Christine at Let’s Get Crafty!
4. Shanyn at Fresh From Home
5. Shannon at Cozy Country Living
6. Meg at Will Work For Cupcakes
7. Mandy at The Hankful House
8. Laurie at Simply Creating Home
9. Tara at Suburble
Here are my 11 questions for you!
1. What is your favorite Pinterest board?
2. How much time would you estimate you spend on your blog daily?
3. Who is your inspiration/favorite blogger?
4. Where is your favorite place to shop for home decor?
5. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
6. What is your favorite crockpot dish? Feel free to share recipe 😉
7. Do you have hoarding tendencies?
8. What do you change out the most in home decor?
9. Do you feel like you are living the life you want to live or is there something else that you want to do or wish you were doing differently?
10. If so, what’s keeping you from doing it? If not, good for you!
11. If you had no electronics whatsoever, what would you be doing right now?
Well that was fun! This is a great way to get to know others so I hope that you participate and have as much fun as I did!
Please leave me a comment with your award link so that I know that you played too!